The Program Manager provides overall management of the NTT Mechanical Training Program, which includes HVAC, Welding, Machining, Fluid Power, and several OSHA-related compliance courses. The Program Manager maintains a daily understanding of sales related opportunities, providing logistical efforts to help drive growth of the NTT Mechanical Program. As such, the Program Manager is also responsible for individual course delivery content, and the performance and development of the 20+ instructors teaching. Program Manager would also have responsibility over course development, course maintenance and recruitment of instructors. We are looking for a Program Manager with hands-on field experience and the ability to pass this knowledge on in a learning environment.
The Program Manager has the opportunity to be directly responsible for making a difference in America’s workforce, by developing instructors and building manufacturing skill sets. This position will also have the chance to lead the change management movement within NTT by being a champion for updated methods & practices.
• Provide a high standard of quality assurance for the courses and instructors of NTT’s Mechanical Program.
• Professional classroom instruction in the areas of HVAC, Welding, Machining, Fluid Power, and others.
• Understand & oversee Safety Principles, Theory and Terminology associated with Program courses.
• Provide oversight and guidance in technical training and development to NTT Mechanical Program Instructors.
• Maintain inventory of Mechanical Program Trainer Sets and supporting parts. Accomplish needed repairs.
• Support NTT’s Training Operations Director in overall performance and growth of NTT Training Programs.
• Assist in identifying emergent needs in personnel and equipment to support the Program, including hiring.
• Submit budget requests. Act as Project Manager for course improvement projects, including capital purchases.
• Interface with the Sales Department and customers concerning technical questions, curriculum, course delivery, and tailoring/customization of training. Promote products & services with client decision-makers.
• 3+ years of training experience. Experienced in course development, including creating Power Point Presentations.
• Proven classroom presentation and management skills, ideally to include diverse student experience levels.
• 5+ years of field experience and demonstrable practical knowledge with mechanical fields.
• 5+ years of leadership experience in technical fields, preferably in the mechanical areas in NTT’s Program.
• 3+ years of project management and budgeting experience, preferably in mechanical maintenance.
• Possess computer literacy (Microsoft Office suite, maintenance/project management database software).
• Demonstrate skills and understanding of systems and controls for HVAC, Welding, Machining, Fluid Power, and others.
• Engineering background and/or education is preferred
National Technology Transfer, Inc. (NTT) provides more than 1500 instructor-led training courses throughout the U.S. each year. NTT has trained over a half million skilled trades’ professionals for over 30 years, making it the leader in skilled trades training. NTT stands alone as the premier worldwide provider of hands-on training for workforces in the skilled trades.