*** This is a remote based position ***
National Technology Transfer, Inc. (NTT) provides more than 1500 instructor led training courses throughout the U.S. each year. NTT has trained over a half million skilled trades’ professionals for over 30 years, making it the leader in skilled trades training. The company is developing a growing portfolio of learning products and services in the areas of as worker assessment, skills gap analysis, and Qualified Worker proficiency consulting.
NTT Instructors teach theory, technical principles and practical application through lecture and hands-on training presentations to corporate clients. We are looking for a professional machinist and field engineer with machine tool and alignment background to teach courses in CNC Troubleshooting, Ball Screw and Spindle Maintenance, and 3- and 5-Axis Alignment.
Competently utilize NTT training materials, including hands-on equipment, student/instructor guides and PowerPoint presentations. Provide instruction and practical training & assessment to create an engaging learning experience. Utilize real-world work experiences to convey key concepts and explain the most complex subjects in a clear, simple and understandable manner. Build skills-based knowledge and confidence in students, through your own current knowledge and clear communications.
The Project Based Instructor will be responsible to deliver 3-5 day training courses in cities throughout the U.S. and abroad. Instructor must be able to travel to the locations where courses are scheduled.
Independently travel, conduct business, and teach assigned classes in accordance with NTT policies. Plan and organize instruction to maximize learning, and contribute suggestions for program improvement and growth.
Perform other professional duties to support instruction as assigned.
• Minimum 10 years Technical Experience in machinist trades. Well versed in Safety Principles, Theory and Terminology associated with machining trades, including machine tools and alignment.
• Minimum 2 years Training experience. Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite and Power Point for presentations and proven classroom management skills.
• Strong technical knowledge and field experience in Machine Tool Alignment – Capable of explaining the following in great detail:
o Leveling Machines with Precision Levels, Parallels, Mag Bases with dial indicators, squares and lasers.
o Configuration and classifications. Standards for AXIS designations.
o Machine geometry, positioning and alignment.
o Machine tool options. Construction material, foundations and designs.
o Components and construction for machining centers.
o ASME B5 and applicable ANSI standards.
• Excellent hands-on CNC troubleshooting expertise, understanding of these topics:
o Cartesian Systems
o G Codes
o M Codes
o Program Structure
o Machine Zero
o Reference Planes
o Work Coordinates
o Cutter Radius Compensation
o Sub Programs
o G10 Functions
o Programming Examples
• Valid Drivers’ License. Able to travel regularly within the United States and internationally.
• Field engineering, in addition to hands on experience with machine tools and alignment is a plus.
• Experience in external alignment systems, such as Hamar Laser systems is considered a strong plus.
• Aptitude to teach a broader variety of classes, even outside the machining field, also a plus.
• Ability to teach a variety of students, i.e.: machinists, maintenance personnel, planners and engineers.
• Effectively communicate technical information to students of all experience levels: machinists to engineers and managers.
• Carry own quality laptop, portable projector and accessories
• Ability to interface with the Sales Department concerning customization of training